返回列表 发帖

[其他] 《旅途脚印》| 杂感——索达吉堪布

杂感 | Some Reflections

为了配合治疗,也为了更安静地翻译,我到厦门居住已经110多天了。

To receive proper treatment for my ailment and also to find a quiet place for my translation work, I have been living in Xiamen for more than 110 days.

一直都很悠闲自在,没有大量的公务要处理,也没有成群的信众要接待。直到几天前,忽然在街上被人认出,又不得不恢复堪布的头衔。

It has been an easy and tranquil life for me—no massive office work to manage, nor packs of Buddhists to receive. It was not until a few days ago that I had to resume the title of Khenpo, when someone spotted me down the street.

今天有人邀请前往南普陀素餐馆吃午饭。很久无人问津,也许是耐不住寂寞吧,非常爽快地就答应了。路上看见很多即将被宰杀的蛇、飞禽,也买下一起带上,算是不枉此行。

An invitation was extended to me for lunch today at the Nanputuo Vegetarian Restaurant. I accepted it readily, as I haven’t had any visitors for a while and perhaps was feeling kind of lonely. On my way I saw caged snakes and birds that I bought and brought along. Having the opportunity to save these once-doomed creatures, I felt it was worth the trip.

将蛇与飞禽放之山林后,便赶往南普陀素餐馆。餐馆里环境幽雅,令人身心舒畅。这里听不到众生被宰杀的凄厉惨叫;闻不到血肉混合的血腥气息;看不到如母有情的无言挣扎……厨师和服务员脸上都洋溢着真诚的笑容;五颜六色的菜品引诱着人们的食欲;就餐的人们也没有因贪食血肉而呈现的狰狞面孔,表情平和,神态轻松。整个餐厅弥漫着一种祥和的气息。

After releasing the snakes and birds in the woods on the mountainside, I went to the Nanputuo Vegetarian Restaurant. It had an elegant and serene decor, making one relaxed both physically and mentally. There were no heart-rending shrills from creatures being slaughtered to hear, no pungent odor from blood and carcasses to smell, no silent struggles of motherly beings to witness…. The chefs and attendants were all beaming with warm, sincere smiles; dishes embellished with color and flavor whetted our appetite. The faces sitting around the table were devoid of the ferocious countenance of meat eaters; instead, they all looked peaceful and easygoing. The whole restaurant was suffused with an air of auspiciousness and harmony.

有一厦门大学的教授同桌共餐,他感慨道:“以《大圆满前行引导文》为指导,打好修行基础特别重要。华智仁波切在上师前都听过25遍,更何况我们?现在我看了5、6遍,对于消除烦恼,对治日常生活的矛盾十分有力。以前总是想到处求灌顶、求大法,分别念十分厚重,找不到修行次第。现在才知道,没有比这个更高深的大法了,依此次第修行,一定会得成就……”

Sitting with us was a professor from Xiamen University. He said thoughtfully: “It is most important that we use The Words of My Perfect Teacher as a guide to build a strong foundation of spiritual practice. Considering that the great masters like Patrul Rinpoche even learned oral teachings on it for 25 times from his master, what needs to be said about us ordinary people? I have read it five or six times by now. It has helped me tremendously in subduing my negative emotions and in dealing with difficult situations of daily life. In the past, I have always sought empowerment or so-called profound practices; I was steeped deeply in conceptual thinking and unaware of the graduated path of practice. It dawns on me only now that there are no other higher teachings than this. If one faithfully follows its steps, achievement will come for certain….”

听了他的话,心里十分高兴。并不是因为他对我的一再赞叹,而是因为没有去过学院的汉地众生也能因《大圆满前行引导文》而得益。而且能有很高的见解,十分难得。在藏地寺院,常常以《大圆满前行引导文》作为每年必讲之课程,对此非常重视。如此传统能深入汉地,实在可喜可贺。

Hearing what he had to say, I felt rather delighted. My joy did not come from his profuse praise to me, but rather, from the fact that a Han Chinese was keen about The Words of My Perfect Teacher, even though he had not been to Larung Gar personally. It was even unusual that he had quite an astute and profound insight. In Tibetan monasteries, The Words of My Perfect Teacher is a required course in the annual curriculum with very high priority. Such a tradition is now being adopted into Han China; it’s something worth rejoicing and to be happy about.

看来,这个居士不仅具有世间学问,而且具有出世间之大智慧。

As it seems, this lay practitioner not only is learned in worldly knowledge, but also possesses great spiritual wisdom.

壬午年三月初二  
2002年4月14日

2nd of March, Year of RenWu
April 14, 2002

返回列表