返回列表 发帖

[其他] 《旅途脚印》| 珍贵——索达吉堪布

珍贵 | Real Treasure

古代的很多皇帝,在富贵荣华圆满之后,都会想方设法寻找长生不老的灵丹妙药。结果虽然是竹篮打水一场空,然而后人并不会吸取教训,仍然执迷不悟地步其后尘。因为对于世间人而言,寿命实在是太珍贵了!世间的任何财产都不能与之相提并论。

Many ancient emperors, after having reached the pinnacle of their power and glory, would search at any cost for an elixir that could endow them with everlasting life. Their efforts, as we all come to know, were as futile as drawing water with a bamboo basket. Even so, later generations still refuse to learn the lesson and obstinately follow suit. Because, for worldly beings, life is just too precious! Not a single possession in the world can be compared to it.

然而,作为修行人,为了佛法而舍弃生命也应在所不惜。《教王经》云:“我为护身舍财产,为护生命舍身财,为护正法可舍弃,财产身体与寿命。”

However, a spiritual seeker should have no qualms about sacrificing life for the sake of Dharma. The Adamantine Pinnacle Sutra says: “For my body, I will give up my wealth. For my life, I will give up my body. For the Dharma, I will give up all of my wealth, my body, and my life.”

释迦牟尼佛在因地时转世为净梵施主,为了听受一个偈子的佛法,不惜舍弃十二年积累的金银财宝。他说:“我于十二年积累了如此之多的财宝,却从没有得到过善说法宝。辛辛苦苦积聚此等石头有何意义?善说才是真正的财宝,舍弃生命用来交换也值得。”

Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a Brahmin patron. For the sake of receiving a one-verse Dharma, he readily gave up all the treasures of gold, silver, and other treasures he had amassed over 12 years. He said: “I have spent 12 years to collect these gems, yet never have I had a chance to hear the sublime Dharma. What is the use of my striving to gather these rocks and minerals? The real treasure is the Dharma teaching, even if it means trading my life for it, it is well worth it!”

世尊还曾转世为噶写勒波,在身上挖千孔,点千灯,终于得到那句“积际必尽,高际必堕,聚际必散,生际必死”的教言,至今仍是我们修习无常的经典教证。

Lord Buddha has also been born as Kashod Legpo, who gouged his own body to light one thousand candles as offerings. Finally, the following teaching was conferred to him:

Whatever is stored up is impermanent and is bound to run out.
Whatever rises up is impermanent and is bound to fall down.
Whatever comes together is impermanent and is bound to come apart.
Whatever is born is impermanent and is bound to die.

To this day, this verse still is the quintessential teaching for the study on impermanence.

不仅佛教徒,中国著名的孔子也曰:“朝闻道,夕死可矣。”为了令自他解脱于轮回的精妙佛法,舍弃生命又何足惜!

The Chinese sage Confucius also states in the same vein: “One can die without remorse in the evening, provided one has heard the teachings on Truth during the day.” Therefore, for the sake of Dharma that liberates the self and others, what regret is there to sacrifice one’s life!

壬午年二月二十八日 
2002年4月10日  

28th of February, Year of RenWu
April 10, 2002

返回列表