返回列表 发帖

[入门] 个人陈述 PS模版

最近是申请学校的高峰期,挺多同学在申请学校,找了一些PS模版,主页君友情提醒:此个人陈述样本仅供参考,请勿抄袭!

【经济专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--01

As time passes by I realize how each day we live is influenced by the choices we make and the changes that supervene in life after making them. I believe that people’s lives are all about taking decisions, which implies assuming responsibilities, making compromises and taking on risks, and that this privilege comes as an implicit right conferred by the human nature and behavior in the society. The precipitated worldwide evolution has led to the abridgment of society to an economical area; and so, nowadays any choice has a price and it relates with money. Economical issues are recent facts that gain more and more attention daily; either reasons that generate this issues are tied to a person, a community, a nation or the entire planet, they are extremely important for society; this is why I consider that both microeconomics and macroeconomics are interesting topics to learn about at university, specially when studied in an international context.

I am exceedingly interested in studying economics and achieving broader knowledge associated with management, marketing and decisions that businesses have to take in varied situations. Reading authors such as John C. Maxwell, Robert Kiyosaki, Roger Fritz and others, provided me acquaintance for these interrelated elements. The building business plans I took part in through the corporation Alticor (Amway), helped me gain experience in this domain and thought me much about teambuilding, responsibilities, efficiency, employments, teamwork, leadership, relationships and attitude in affairs.

The curriculum I got through during high school includes the thoroughness of exact sciences such as: mathematics, analytics, informatics and physics. I engaged in various scholar projects relating to other disciplined I enjoy studying: Informatics, History, English and French, intending to develop my knowledge. I find myself attracted to informatics, not only programming, but also designing websites, doing animations, editing pictures and other tasks that imply using imagination, creativity and sense of art.

The past four years I activated in the National Anti-drug Agency as a volunteer. My work there consisted in taking part to all kinds of activities: special training courses, distributing flyers on the streets or in schools (campaigns: “The National Day Anti-Tobacco”, “Choosing Life”) and teaching children in schools about drugs (the “Peer Education” program). I have also participated as a volunteer doing community and charity work in the National Strategy “The Community Action” during one year, each weekends, by visiting orphans and spending time with them: playing, drawing, taking them to visit different places, showing them they have the attention they deserve by bringing them clothes or sweets. Doing this work I have come to realize that an instable society from economical point of view can’t guarantee equality in rights for children, despite the fact that they represent our future. Besides the numerous diplomas obtained, the personal satisfaction gained consisted mostly in the amazing ennoblement one can feel by promoting values as generosity or selflessness. I developed the skills that these sorts of activities required: a responsible comportament, considerable communication abilities, the capability of working under pressure, perseverance, resistance in physical work, psychological strength and self-control and the capability of integrating in a group.

I have also participated in a variety of other activities, of which I only mention: the high school choral assemble, dance lessons, mountain-climbing and a course of cosmetics, obtaining a diploma as consultant.

I have high ambitions and a bright enthusiasm in what concerns furthering my knowledge of economics. My purpose is affined to succeeding in the course I have chosen and obtaining a degree.

【金融专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--02

Through beads of sweat I can finally see the finish line. Propelled forward by my loaded legs, my heart pumping loud inside, along the racing track am I struggling to make a last dashing effort. The 10,000-meter race is exhausting. Other contestants are right behind me; they are looking for chances to overtake me. I cannot afford to let off, not even a slightest bit because I have been preparing for this moment for years. “Beat them! You Must!” a voice deep inside me keeps shouting to me. In a match, there is just one aim—to win and to get the upper hand of your opponents. To do so, it is even necessary to go beyond one’s ultimate limit. Then the crucial moment comes, the moment of fulfilling one’s prescribed objective.

I am by no means the smartest student in my class. But my perseverance, my pursuit of excellence, and my readiness to challenge my ultimate limit have enabled me to achieve self-transcendence time and again in my past education. Whether in winning prizes during major academic aptitudes contests through my middle school days or in entering the Mathematics Department of XX University (arguably the best place to study mathematics in China) waived of the otherwise required entrance examinations, I have achieved every success through strong willpower and persistence. I believe that life is a long journey and my present application for XX University, arguably the best university in the world, is my new attempt to scale new heights.

In the summer of 2002, several major universities in China, including XX University and XX University, offered to enroll me free of entrance examinations due to my winning the first prize in the XXX that year. I eventually chose XX University. In its Mathematics Department are gathered the most outstanding talents of the country. In this competitive environment, my aptitudes not only in mathematics but also in physics and computer have improved rapidly. I realized that I had to compete in order to excel.

I achieved all-round academic development at XX University. Apart from receiving effective and systematic training in mathematics, I have had ample opportunities to exchange with the first-rate professors and fellow students. Under the influence of the University’s overall academic atmosphere, I have attained increasing mental maturity by developing my team spirit, personal responsibility, and other personal qualities. For the first time in my life I gained the understanding that a true elite is born out of a group of elites. Although I do not pretend to be the best student in my department, every major progress that I have achieved in this unique university has repeatedly convinced me that, as long as I persevere academically the way that I persevere athletically, I will ultimately develop myself into a person of outstanding excellence of my generation.

My choice of switching to an undergraduate program in Finance at XX University originates from my ideal of receiving the world’s first-rate undergraduate education and of exposing myself to the influence of an elitist academic culture. Just as XX University has attracted to it the best students in China, XX University has attracted to it the best students in the world. I identify myself strongly with your university motto which admonishes your students to be with the greatest masters of the academia and, most importantly, to be with the truth. At such a world prestigious university as XX University, it will be possible for me to listen to the instructions of the world ‘s best teachers, to exchange with and to compete against the best students in the world. Those two factors will give me lifelong benefits. I believe that only by plunging myself into this highly competitive environment will it be possible for me to bring my important potential into the fullest play, and to further develop my courage to face challenges, enhance my endurance, and improve my analytical thinking.

The motivation behind my decision to specialize in finance lies in my determination to apply my special aptitudes in mathematics to the study of social science. China is currently experiencing an unprecedented economic development in history. As a student that has grown up in pace with China’s implementation of market economy, I have the strong wish to learn the most advanced knowledge and skills in the world and to contribute my efforts to the further development of China’s economy.

Like many other elitist students of XX University, I find my middle school education filled with accolades won through hard efforts and toils. From junior middle school to senior middle school (XX Middle School, the key middle school of XX Province), I maintained a top 1% academic performance in my grade (consisting of 400 students) and was given, among various awards, the Outstanding Student honor every year. I received approximately 20 awards in national and provincial contests of mathematics, physics, English and chemistry (please refer to my Resume for more detailed information). Among those awards, some of the most important ones include the first prize in the XX, the gold medal in the “Hope Cup” XX, the third prize in the XX, and the first prize in the XX City’s XX. I have strong interest and special aptitudes in mathematics and physics. By studying those two subjects, I have not only improved my scholastic level and rigorous logical reasoning but also developed my ability to solve problems independently. Although my future career will not necessarily be in the field of mathematics, I firmly believe that mathematics is the most fundamental science through which human beings gain knowledge about this world. The knowledge and the way of thinking that I have developed through my study of mathematics, together with the strong willpower that I have evolved in the process, will be my lifelong assets.

Nevertheless, I have never allowed myself to be a bookworm. Instead, I have always sought for comprehensive personal development in management skills, interpersonal communication, and in athletic contests. During my senior middle school days, I was a student official in the Students Union and was responsible for organizing many important campus events such as the choral festival, cultural festival, debate contests, and exchanges with other schools in the city. I was the editor of the student publication “Footprint”. Although my coursework at XX University is very heavy, I have been working as a key student official of the departmental Students Union. While enriching my extracurricular life, my work at the Students Union has shown me the importance of teamwork and has taught me important skills of sound interpersonal relations. The development of organizational and management skills will also become an important legacy for my future financial study and practice.

For a dedicated runner, he has only one focus — to dash to the finish line ahead of his adversaries. It is a test of his stamina and he must prove his sportsmanship. For me, the sole reason for pursuing a more advanced education is that I have come to the moment of facing a new challenge and I need to conquer it. The height of life is reached through repeated self-transcendences—this is what I understand about the meaning of life. I have done so in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. What I am doing at present is one of those self-transcendences—to apply for admission into a university of true world prestige.

For many years, I have been practicing 10,000-meter long-distance running everyday. In so doing, I have not only developed my strong physique but also won a spate of prizes at sports meetings. The most important thing is that I have improved my character and strengthened my willpower. In every 10,000-meter event, I clench my teeth, try to go beyond my ultimate limit and beat my competitors, until I dash to the finish ahead of others. Each experience is an experience of setting and fulfilling an objective.

【金融工程】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--03

Finance, as a field, had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. I believe my penchant for this field stems from the fact that Finance runs in my family. My father is a chartered accountant and my mother is a banker. During my days at Engineering College I used to go to my father’s office and help him manage his portfolio of equities and other financial instruments. This was the time I learnt the first lesson of finance from my father i.e. risk and return are proportionate. In 1994 when I was in the second year the Indian stock market crashed. But fortunately, my father had a well-diversified portfolio because of which our returns were protected from the downside risk. This was when I learnt the second principle of finance from my father i.e. diversification reduces risk. While I understood these two principles intuitively, it produced in me a strong urge to learn and understand the complex theory behind the working of Finance. This, I believe, was a turning point in my career. I made up my mind to pursue a career in Finance and hence decided to do a Masters program in Business Administration.      

Hence I took admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) at AB Institute of Management Studies (ABIMS), New Delhi, which is one of the prominent Business schools in India. During PGDBA, I developed a strong penchant for quantitative-oriented subjects like Portfolio theory, Derivatives and International Finance. 
During the first year of PGDBA I learnt how Derivatives can play an important role in optimizing a Portfolio’s performance and in managing risk. This exposure left me wanting for more knowledge in the area of Risk Management. Because of my penchant for the rigor in Derivatives and Risk Management I took my summer internship at LTCM-securities, one of the leading investment banks in India. During my project I learnt about various risks associated with Infrastructure Projects and how they were mitigated using different risk models and structured finance products. It was at this time that I realized the importance of mathematics and programming as invaluable tools in Finance. I had always felt that applying my technical knowledge to the field of Finance would be highly satisfying. This internship, thus, helped me crystallize my goals as I decided to make a career in Risk Management.            

In India with the onset of liberalization since 1991 and deregulation of the interest rates, the Indian corporations and financial institutions are exposed to various kinds of risks. The Government and the Reserve Bank of India have initiated appropriate reforms to develop derivatives markets and financial markets on the whole. This has suddenly increased the demand for professionals who can not only understand but also develop new financial instruments to evaluate and hedge the risk. I believe that in order to use financial engineering pro-actively and dynamically for optimum hedging a finance professional should be well versed with the mathematics that underlie the financial theory.        

In the future I see myself, as a Finance professional, designing structured financial products by incorporating cutting edge methodologies and sophisticated tools in order to cater to the above mentioned requirements. To achieve this I would like to gain exposure to the latest practices adopted in the field of Financial Engineering and Risk Management. To this end I would want to work with a leading investment bank or in the treasury of a commercial bank, which would enable me to help corporations manage their risks. I would like to bring this acquired expertise back to India and use it to help companies thrive in a dynamic environment.  

I believe that my educational background has instilled in me the qualities required to meet the rigor of this demanding profession. Graduation in Engineering has provided a strong foundation in Mathematics and Computer Programming. Mathematics was one subject in which I had always excelled right from my school days. During the course of my Engineering education I took up a project with MH Electronics, a firm which is a vendor of Indian Ocean Research Organisation (IORO). This was because the project, which I was offered, required extensive use of C programming language and MATLAB. This project of developing the software for a video-processing card (Frame Grabber) for the first time gave me a real world experience of programming. This association helped a lot in consolidating my programming skills, especially in C-language. Thus, it inculcated in me problem solving and analytical abilities.   

Thereafter the two-year program in Business Administration has not only given me a sound and firm grounding in finance but also taught me the invaluable skills to manage, lead and collaborate effectively with people. It also developed in me the ability to analyse problems from a business perspective keeping in mind the constraints and limitations of the real world.  

I strongly feel that M.Eng in Financial Engineering program at Kingston University is a highly structured program because it provides the right balance between theory and practice. The annual workshops at the Centre for Applied Probability and Computational Optimization Research Centre would give me ample of opportunities to apply my knowledge to real world problems.

I bring along a strong grasp of fundamentals in Finance and Engineering, an insider’s experience of an emerging financial market, a penchant for teamwork and leadership and a zest for challenges. I would like to take with me in addition to the knowledge of the latest theory and practices in the field of Financial Engineering, a network of strong and lasting relationships with my teachers and fellow-students.     

I hope my background and qualifications are found suitable for admission to M.Eng in Financial En

【会计专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--04

Born in 1974 to parents who valued education above everything else, I consistently excelled my classmates in primary and high school. My father, a senior engineer of a huge manufacturing company, would not accept any second best performance in my studies, and I never disappointed him. One way for me to stay the top student was to pursue a wide variety of interests that helped to keep me physically strong and intellectually sharp. An acclaimed football player, I led my high school’s football team as its captain into winning the city’s football championship. I also enjoyed literature, music and traveling.

As the best student of my high school, I was well prepared in 1991 when I took the National University Entrance Examinations, held nationwide once every year to screen high school graduates for higher education. Of the 100,000 high school graduates who took the exams that year in my province, I ranked the fourth in overall scores. On the strength of these scores, I gained acceptance into the Finance & Accounting Department of the Beijing University, which President Clinton described as the Harvard of China on his recent trip to this country.

At the Beijing University, the country’s best institution of higher learning, I continued to be the best student of the class. The university’s business school, to which the Finance & Accounting Department belongs, emphasizes, English and computers. I did well in all of them. In the final exams, I got the full grade for calculus, and the highest grade in my class in statistics, liner algebra, microeconomics, finance, banking and econometrics. My average grade was 90 on the 1 to 100 scale, making me the undisputed academic leader among my fellow students.

I began to have significant academic publications while I was still an undergraduate student, something highly unusual in China. Taking advantage of the university’s well cultivated atmosphere of academic freedom, I undertook extensive research on top of my regular course load, which culminated in the publication of a book, titled “Out of Dilemma”. As the principal author of the book, I made sure that the book presented an insightful study of the Western business management methods, especially those proven effective in the experience of the Fortune 500 corporations. The book was unique at the time in that detailed case studies were presented on a number of well-known Chinese companies against the Western business management approaches introduced in the book.  

I was also the only undergraduate in my department who published a research paper in an academic journal. In the “The investment risk and its measurement”, published in the January 1996issue of Chinese Technology and Economy Science, I presented a mathematical model I myself have developed on the measurement of market risks. Although the model has yet to be proven in empirical research, it has received positive review among Chinese economists. It should serve as an advanced starting point for me to conduct further studies and research.  

With an impeccable academic record and virtually unprecedented publications, I received many awards and honors, including the Outstanding Student Honor in October 1992, the Guanghua Scholarship in 1994, and the Outstanding Student Honor in 1996. In recognition of my achievements, the Business School of the Beijing University offered in 1996 to accept me for graduate studies without the normally mandatory examinations, a privilege that is granted to only what the university considers the exceptionally gifted.   

I, however, declined the offer by my alma mater. Instead, I joined the Chinese Da Chuan (Group) Company, one of the world’s biggest shipping companies, to work with its Planning & Financial Division at its headquarters in Beijing. I wanted to apply what I had learned both in class and outside of it to analysis of real business operations before I commenced my graduate studies.  

That has since proved to be the right decision. Working with the Chinese Da Chuan Company, with its 117 branches around the world, gave me a vantage point from which I easily and regularly observe all sorts of financial activities, such as the capital flow, the investment, the making of accounting statements, the cost control, and the innovation in accounting computer systems. This has not only enriched my knowledge of finance and given me clear perception into the company itself but also provided me with the necessary empirical data for more advanced studies in general.  

While with the Chinese Da Chuan Company, I saw first hand just how big the differences are between the accounting practices in China and those in the developed world. To summarize my observations, I published a paper titled “The Comparison between Foreign Accounting Information System and Domestic Accounting Information System” in the respected journal of Finance and Accounting for Communications. On the basis of these observations, I began to appreciate China’s critical need to learn the more sophisticated accounting practices from the West. In accounting as in so many other areas, China must bridge the gap with the West if it is to survive and develop in the develop in the ever shrinking global village.  
Two years has passed since I first started at the Chinese Da Chuan Company, and I now feel that it is essential that I receive further and more advanced training in a quality Western university. Hence my application for acceptance into your university.

【管理学科】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--05

There is a rapid growth in global organisational concepts, crystallised in Japanese business philosophy, to be as effective as possible in the most efficient way. New technology involving networking information and automation influences the behaviour of business and enables significant transformation. This need to maximise efficiency and effectiveness in such a competitive age is increasingly crucial to the success of a business. This is why it is an exciting and fascinating period in both the commercial and economic world to study Business Management.

Adaptability, creative thinking and the application of technology are now intrinsic to managing businesses. I have developed these principles and enjoyed the spectrum of sixth form study that has taught me to approach problems from different political, economical and psychological perspectives. Throughout Business Studies, to complement what has been taught I have researched real-life business solutions and how they have been implemented, such as the responsive marketing used by Coca Cola to prolong their business cycle and sustain major profitability. Studying ICT has enabled me to examine the criticality of technology in giving businesses a competitive edge by considering issues such as organisational objectives, people and legal implications rather than making decisions based solely on financial factors. Furthermore, studying Psychology gives me insight into the human influences on organisational behaviour through studying motivational theories such as the hierarchy of needs model proposed by Maslow, whilst the coursework has developed my skills in collecting and analysing data in order to establish trends and draw conclusions. Studying English Language has allowed me to develop an ability to express my ideas clearly and concisely.

I have worked for * as a Tester, assisting in the development of *, the fastest-selling PC game ever. It was a significant learning experience and made me evaluate myself and better understand my strengths and skills, such as the ability to easily identify discrepancies and communicate these effectively to management so that problems can be solved. Recent experience at * Ltd gave me a taste of working within a larger organisation. Operating within two different, but equally successful organisations has enabled me to see contrasting leadership styles and corporate culture. Within college, I participated in a paired reading project where I listened to and assessed readers lower down the school which required a relaxed, patient and friendly approach with the younger students, as well as punctuality and dedication. Throughout the past year, I have represented the college in district basketball and rugby competitions.

I am a committed member of the Colts team at my local rugby side. I have captained the team in previous seasons which required leadership, confidence and diligence. In my spare time, I enjoy listening to a range of music, going to the gym and socialising. I am a regular reader of the Financial Times, enjoy keeping up with current affairs and business news. I enjoy reading a variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction such as 'Making It Happen' (J. Harvey-Jones) where his common sense approach complements the management theories of more staid texts. This degree will equip me for my career in the unpredictable and fast moving world of commerce.

【数学专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--06

I enjoy Mathematics because it is ambiguous and reflects my personality which is being a composed, precise person. I enjoy the challenge of questions with unequivocal answers. All questions have definite answers; we just need to construct ways of reaching them

Mathematics at AS Level opened my mind to several new areas of algebra, sequences and series, and functions. I keenly welcomed the new techniques and enjoyed all aspects of the course. Some of my favourite areas, however, were trigonometry and calculus; it was fascinating to see how trigonometric functions come together in a few simple identities! Being new to the methods of differentiation and integration, I spent extra time going over examples, which soon became clear in my mind

I was very disappointed with my As results, absences due to hospital appointments did manage to effect my results since I came to ******** with a GCSE grades A,A,B for Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. I know that I am capable of achieving higher grades hence I will be doing re-sits

My interest in Mathematics has led me to take a course of Mathematics/Economics based with elements of Finance. I have chosen to take a joint course because I would like to apply the Mathematics I have studied and see its application in the real world. I have an interest in learning new subjects and developing new skills which these subjects will introduce

Although I have chosen Mathematics to take further in study I enjoy many other aspects of college and many other subject areas. Sciences such as Biology and Chemistry, which I have taken on to A2 interest me greatly, and the skills which I have developed studying these subjects will come useful in the future

Working as a Clerical Assistant in St. Georges Hospital in the Portering Department during work experience was very rewarding. I learnt to use my initiative more resourcefully as well as developing confidence. I managed to use my computer skills during this placement to successfully complete a range of tasks

In my previous school I was appointed a Maths Prefect and I was also elected onto the School Council for 3 years, which developed my listening skills and made me a more responsible person. Also, I am quite pleased with participating in the UK Mathematics Challenge and achieving a bronze and silver award

Out of school, I visit a local youth club “Asian Vibes”, which does not only give me a chance to socialize with but also participate in cultural events. Last year I got involved in the “Tsunami” event fundraiser, not only advertising the event but by also taking part in an Asian fashion show which I really enjoyed. By taking part in such events not only did I develop my communication and problem solving skills realizing the importance of teamwork but I also got the satisfaction that I helped to raise money for people in need. It was whilst taking part in such events that I realized I had an interest in Finance

Although I am still unsure of the path I will follow after graduating, I know that a Mathematics/Economics joint degree opens up many options, as it is applicable to a wide variety of careers. My intention to study some managerial options towards my full credits will also give me many transferable skills, and will help apply some of my mathematical knowledge to a working environment. Whilst at university I am sure I will encounter many challenges and opportunities, which will not only help to shape me more as an individual, but will direct me towards the correct career path for me.

【计算机专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本----07

A fourth-year student grounded solidly in the basics of computer science, I am writing in pursuit of graduate studies that I hope can help me acquire cutting-edge expertise in software programming in general and parallel processing in particular.

Intrigued by the power of the computer since high school, I have been trying to stay on top of the computer science by concentrating my undergraduate studies on those subjects that underpin the discipline, particularly mathematics and electronics. To build up my solid knowledge in these subjects, I have taken virtually all the related courses that the university has had to offer. These courses include Algorithm & Data Structure, Mathematical Modeling, Network Theory, Digital Circuit, Discrete Mathematics, and Electric Circuit. With a sophisticated understanding in these areas, I have been well positioned to appreciate the basic theories of computer science and their applications to software development.  

Aided by the firm command of the basics, I have found it not only easy but also exciting to study the various subjects covered by my major. As most of my classmates, I took a variety of courses ranging from AI to Computer Network, from AI Programming to Knowledge Engineering, from Pattern Recognition to Software Engineering, and from Database Design to Programming Language Design. But I distinguished myself by my academic record, which places me as one of the very top students in my class. My grades in these course never went below A or B. I have also stood out as one of the few who have taught themselves Real Time System and Computer Graphics.  

Armed with sound training in the basic theories and applied technologies, I have been able to move on into deeper and wider areas of computer science. Early in my university life, I began to understand that the modern computer's base, the Turing machine, was reaching its limits in AI. Gradually, I have narrowed down my research interest to parallel & distributive computing, which I understand can significantly boost the performance of personal computers by giving them some of the functions of mainframe computers.  

Of all the areas of computer science, parallel processing fascinates me the most. The term first came to me when I read the book Computer Organization & Design: the Hardware/Software Interface as part of my Computer Architecture course. By teaching me how the performance of computers can be improved through pipelining and parallel processing, the book reshaped my thinking in computer science.  

My lab experience deepened my understanding of parallel processing. In my third year, I worked on a GIFT project with Dr. Komatsu, chief researcher of IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory and Dr. Koseki, one of Dr. Komatsu's colleagues. The project was to introduce the architecture supports that can allow compilers to derive more parallelism from programs. These architecture supports include three designs, a conditional execution mechanism to execute instructions without normal conditional jump instructions, speculative execution mechanism, and a dynamic memory disambiguation mechanism to execute memory access instructions simultaneously.  

As undergraduate students seldom get to be involved in actual research, I took full advantage of the opportunity of working in the lab. I particularly enjoyed the seminars held twice a week as part of the lab work. At these seminars, I engaged in in-depth discussions with Master's students under Dr. Komatsu's seasoned guidance. The lab experience is adding weight and insights to my graduation paper An Improvement of Software pipelining using Loop Transformations. In this paper, I will introduce a translation algorithm using loop interchange and loop skewing. This algorithm can minimize the initiation interval of loop nest to improve the performance of software pipelining.  

Through my lab experience and other research, I have developed a long-term professional objective: the advancement of the parallel processing technology. While I have strong faith in this technology, I also know its limitations as it is today. Some sequential algorithms can't be easily translated into fast parallel algorithms and most compilers can only distribute works on one platform. Another unsettled problem is that programming parallel computers is now still a manual work. But even the modern language (like Java, C++) can do some automatic translation work. If a compiler can be developed to translate and distribute work into different platforms, personal computers will be able to work like mainframe computers at a fraction of the mainframes' costs. This will make it possible to connect all the computers in the world and speed up all the processes.  

To help take the parallel processing technology beyond what is capable of today, I have to undertake more advanced studies. This, I believe, can only be accomplished in a quality graduate program like yours. I plan to pursue a master's degree with a concentration on paralleling and distributing compilers, operating systems or computer networks, a combination thereof. With the training that goes into such an advanced degree, I think I will be able to take great strides towards fulfilling my professional objective. When I do, I think I will be standing on the cutting-edge of the computer science.

【公共关系专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--08

There are a great deal of media and communication courses available, but a degree in public relations is something I could thrive on. I believe my established communication skills and enthusiasm for dealing with other people would provide a solid foundation for which to further develop those skills incorporated into this course. I relish the idea of a career working with the public, based on critical thinking and strategic planning, thus justifying my application for this course. My interest in current affairs has stemmed from the A Level politics course I am studying, which engrossed my from day one. Critical analysis and presentation of information plays an integral part of this subject, and consequently these skills I have gained from this would prove to be a valuable stepping stone into public relations.

My interest in media and communications was fueled by a previous passion to study journalism. Work experience in a local newspaper office and at a German regional newspaper office provoked a desire to learn more about where our information was coming from and who wrote the press releases that we based our front page articles on. Consequently, I carried out additional work experience in a PR consultancy, whilst on a German exchange, and I am currently waiting from several consultancies in my area that I recently applied to.

Since year 10, I have been an active member of my schools web team and have had various articles published relating to subject departments and school trips I have been on, such as the history-based trip to Eastern Europe. My spare time involves reading books from contemporary authors (John Simpson, Michael Moore etc) as well as more 'classic' books, such as Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird and Animal Farm. I enjoy many aspects of music. I have recently started to teach myself to play the flute and I regularly attend various music concerts.

At the weekend, I work for HMV (who I have enquired to about a summer placement at their in-house PR office), which I thoroughly enjoy due to the creative environment and strong emphasis on customer service. I have had part time jobs for the last three years, thus allowing me to not only manage my time efficiently, but to develop various skills in communication with the public and my ability to work in a team.

Evidently, my studies and interests to skills like teamwork, communication and multi-tasking that I would develop in a public relations degree, hopefully giving merit to my application for this course.

【法律专业】个人陈述 Personal Statement 样本--09

As a child when made to do something Because I say so was never a satisfactory reason. I needed to understand why. The study of Law would provide the foundations to understanding how and why the Law works. This is why I’m drawn to it. What exactly makes a Law a Law, and how can people have differing interpretations of them? The Law is the cornerstone of our society and as society changes so must it.

Law has always intrigued me, even more so after my weeks work experience at ***** County Court. This self-organised visit stimulated my passion towards the Law and furthered my understanding of Civil, Criminal and Family Law. My observations of Barristers at work was a huge inspiration allowing me a glimpse of what a Law degree could ultimately lead to. By experiencing many aspects of the Law it allowed me to see it working on both a commercial and human basis. However I did find it slightly strange that you have to pay in order to declare yourself bankrupt! For my second Law related work experience I have organised a week with the Crown Prosecution service, which I am very much looking forward to.

My visit to the Cambridge Law Conference further consolidated my enthusiasm towards the pursuit of Law as an academic subject. I gained a valuable insight into the some of the modules like Roman and Tort. The activity in the afternoon was highly enjoyable due to its interactive nature and the opportunity to negotiate with a 3rd year Law student! The conference extended my belief that a Law degree would be challenging, stimulating and satisfying.

Even with my coursework I aim to explore some of the complex ethical and legal issues that today challenge society. The relationships between social classes, although not as defined as in the past, still can cause tension. My comparison between The Kite Runner and The Remains of the Day highlights these tensions along with bringing in further complications of race. Whereas in English Literature I am analysing class, in German I hope to highlight the truth about how the Stasi and Government operated in East Germany. The Laws produced at this time clearly show how if it goes unchecked the Law can become a detriment to society.

I take an active role within school participating in drama mentoring schemes with year 12 where I aided them in the devising of their final performance piece. I’ve represented the school in the Rotary Public Speaking Competition in which I spoke about how farmers in England are exploited by supermarkets, sadly I did not get to the final but managed to get through to the county competition stage. Performing in school plays is a passion of mine and I have had roles in Les Miserables, Sound of Music and currently Westside Story. My greatest achievement so far was being asked to address our school’s staff pyramid meeting about how students work independently and the importance of Student Voice. Out of school my recreational activities span from being involved with amateur dramatics to the Japanese martial arts of Kendo, where I have competed in international competitions and Ju Jitsu in which I have achieved my junior black belt. I also have achieved Grade V in written music and Grade III in practical piano. For the past year I have worked at our local leisure centre as a Lifeguard and thanks to a work experience gained some part time work at an estate agents.

I relish the opportunity to pursue an academic subject of which I have developed such a passion for and am positive that I will take full advantage of the new challenges and experiences that wait at university.

返回列表